BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39719
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "SiriusXM cancels Fantasy Focus" Thread

Message #391 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Moonlight Graham  
Subject:  SiriusXM cancels Fantasy Focus
Date:  2/12/09, 8:39am
Was informed today by staff at MLB HomePlate on SiriusXM radio that the daily show, "Fantasy Focus", with Jeff Erickson of Rotowire.com had been cancelled. Don't know how many subscribers are out there but, if you enjoy the show, email your displeasure to mlb@xmradio.com. Below is a copy of my email:
I have just been informed by one of your people that Jeff Erickson's daily Fantasy Focus program will not be returning. I am flabbergasted by this decision. First, let me say that XM's baseball coverage was the sole reason I became a subscriber. Second, as a Fantasy player, I found Erickson's show to be both entertaining and informative.

I would understand any explanation that had to do with moving the show from its midday time slot but terminating it?! That's a very short sighted marketing decision on your part, especially considering the popularity and exponential growth of the Fantasy Baseball industry. It would seem to me that weekend mornings would be the perfect spot, especially considering the slop you're currently serving up in the form of Ed Randall.

Does anyone in upper management actually listen to this guy? I became aware that he books his own guests when I called the program to complain about their consistent irrelevance. Last Sunday, in the five minutes I tuned in before turning to another station, I was treated to a guest, (I didn't find out who), that was critiquing Joe Mauer's acting skills. With over 100 unsigned free agents, that was what Randall provided for his audience.

The worst, however, was his interview with new Orioles' backup Gregg Zaun. Not only did Randall repeatedly call him "Jeff" throughout the spot but he NEVER asked him a question about how his signing would impact Matt Wieters, the best prospect in baseball previously assumed to be the O's starter after the trade of Ramon Hernandez. Instead, we found out that Zahn, (Greg or Jeff), spent his first signing bonus on a truck and Pez. Yes, Pez, the candy. That you have given Randall two weekend spots is an affront to your PAYING subscribers and a decision that should embarrass you professionally.

Please reconsider your position on the Fantasy Focus. I look forward to your response.

Reply to Msg #391
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

6587 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Moonlight Graham 's Blog

Message #392 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Moonlight Graham
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: SiriusXM cancels Fantasy Focus
Date:  2/12/09, 10:26am
graphic
Thank you for the update, Moonlight... I don't listen, but I know that Gregg is an avid listener to the show. I'll forward him the info, as well.

Reply to Msg #392
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

9079 reads

Message #393 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Moonlight Graham
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: SiriusXM cancels Fantasy Focus
Date:  2/16/09, 10:06am
graphic
Moonlight:

Jeff is online now at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/RotoWire. I just listened to it this morning... needs to get some of the kinks out, but good stuff.

Reply to Msg #393
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

9079 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter